Welcome to Our Home on the Web
You have reached the Web home of Berkshire Hills Aikido. A private independent dojo, Berkshire Hills Aikido is one of the oldest martial arts clubs in the Western Massachusetts area, in operation for over 40 years.
At Berkshire Hills Aikido we are not only interested in developing strong self defense skills, but in the development of each person as a whole. Aikido is a journey that will leave you a changed person; a journey that will become a way of life. We train in a relaxed atmosphere where students are encouraged to progress at their own pace. Safety and enjoyment in practice are of paramount importance.
Our convenient schedule offers both day and evening classes, even the busiest people can find the time to participate. Aikido training is a great mental and physical workout; and a great way to make new friends.
Berkshire Hills Aikido
Great Barrington, MA 01230
- To develop correct feeling (aiki) through the coordination of mind and body,
- To develop strong self-defense skills through dedicated practice and study,
- To integrate these skills into our daily lives and seek to share our knowledge with others,
- To encourage students to adopt Aikido training and philosophy as way of life,
- To allow students to progress at their own pace.
Our teaching philosophy revolves around the idea that Aikido is best experienced from the inside out. Each student has the living principles of Aikido as part of his or her innate nature. It is the instructor’s job to help the student realize the nature of and explore the depths of these principles.
Your purpose as a student is to be open to the emergence of Aikido as a natural part of your life process, realize your full potential through dedicated study and hard practice and apply what you learn to your daily life.
© Copyright Berkshire Hills Aikido